Monday, November 9, 2009

Beautiful Thing #1: Waking up in the morning to my own quiet thoughts. I hear the traffic pass by on the streets. I smell the pumpkin-spice scent from the air freshener. I slip my toes into my warm slippers and click the button on the coffee-maker. It steams and the drip-drop of the coffee into the pot is my morning melody. I look into the mirror--good morning, you are beautiful.

This past weekend has been filled with amazing moments. I went contra dancing here in Clemson on Friday night. After dancing for almost two hours straight, my feet were screaming, but I just couldn't stop dancing. The feeling is electric, like it could just go on forever, with my mind completely focused on the music, twirling without any care in the world. If I just spin fast enough...
Saturday night was the football game. It was my first Clemson game as a student, and it was definitely the most exciting game I have ever seen. I actually watched the entire game, which was surprising, seeing as how I hate football. I yelled until my throat was hoarse, I jumped up and down...I was pushed down the bleachers by a guy who fell on top of me...and Shannon and I did a bit of guy-stalking/watching. Not really stalking, haha, that would be strange. More like admiring. =) After the game, we ran out of the stadium, "We won!!" I was yelling and spinning around. My adrenaline level was insane...I don't know how long both of us ran around. Police looked at us probably wondering if we were drunk. Nope, who needs to be drunk? I can be like this without alcohol, and I will remember it in the morning, thank you.

Well, I can't believe I already have to leave for class again, but unfortunately I do. I will have to post some more later and actually put up pictures this time. If only time would pass without any consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment